Hi my beautiful people!
I could potentially post a lot of advice on this topic…. but there’s only 1 thing that you really need to know.
Invest in Yourself
I discovered this a few years back when I was trying to get out of debt. I was listening to a “rich dad/poor dad” talk by Robert Kiyosaki and the thing that stuck most is that… if it’s not an asset, it’s a liability.
- Your mortgage payment =liability
- Your car payment=liability
Anything that’s not making you money/ is taking money from you= liability…. (cough, cough). Can my spouses and kids who are a liabilities raise your hand in the air! WOOT WOOT!
But this goes so much more beyond money…So what should we do?
Invest in yourself to turn liabilities into assets.
- Do the work.
- Invest in those proper foods.
- Invest in your exercise program.
- Invest in your personal growth and development, so you can be your best self and attract positive people.
- Invest into that financial course to learn how to manage money.
- Invest in time with God.
- Invest in that hobby that you’ve always wanted to turn into a career.
- At the end of the day, you don’t truly have security in your job. They don’t REALLY care about you. If you lost you job THEN what will you have left?! That skill you invested in! That peace of mind you invested in! Those relationships you took time to invest in! God who will never leave you or forsake you!
Come on! People are charging for cuddles, for bottled mountain air, and to do yoga with goats…. and people pay! Why?….because they love what they do.
Stop thinking that your idea is too crazy or that you can’t do it…..unless it’s like stealing puppies or something then ya. That you can stop.
I invested in being a health coach! I can tell you more about that later; I had to let something go so I could make room for what I now have. What are you going to let go so you can make room for your investment?!
Some ideas include: negative attitudes, luxury spending habits, negative friends, entertainment TV shows, credit cards.
Let me know! You can do it!
***P.S. I always try to take the things I learn with thought and reflection. We often overwhelm ourselves with information and worrying about what other people are doing. Remember you are at a different stage of life than someone else. Don’t just quit your job and go do some craziness! Make a plan, take a vacation, gather your thoughts. Be gentle with yourself.